Stomach sickness, constant pain and swelling over tongue piercing area, had yellow pus on removing it. Remedy?

I have had my tongue pierced for 9 years. Yesterday i started feeling ill. Sick to my stomach, slight watering of the mouth (like maybe i was going to vomit ). I continued through my evening. After i woke up the next morning my tongue was very swollen. I figured maybe i had an allergic reaction . I took a few motrin and went on about my day. All day there was constant pain and swelling . Befostopped swelling, and i feel terrre bed i took my barbell out. As soon as it came out a yellow green colored pus started coming out i kept spitting it out, and rinsed with mouthnot wash. What should i do, the swelling has not gone down, and i feel terrible
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response
Thanks for writing to hcm.
Formation of pus indicates complicated bacterial infection.
You need to consult your doctor for antibiotics to decrease the infection.
Dr arun