Stomach pain, vomiting, headache, body ache, fever, dizziness. Concerned

Hi...I got suddenly very sick at 2 am on Monday night. I was in excruciating pain in my stomach until i threw up which was about 2 hour later. The next day I had a headache, bad body aches and a fever of 101; I stayed in bed for 2 days. Yesterday I tried to go run errands with my fiance but was terribly dizzy so I came home and laid down for the rest of the day. Today is the exact same thing...the dizziness won't go away and I'm getting concerned.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Based on the information it seems like "LABYRINTHINE APPARATUS ISSUE" along with "GASTRITIS" or just simply "LOW BLOOD PRESSURE" due to fluid loss.

Since their are to many indirect causes for each one of above mentioned problems so it necessary to address and pin point diagnosis. For more information please read below mention explanation.
But, please do not be scared as its just a list of things and your problems may be the simplest among all.

****(A) GASTRITIS- it can be a viral infection/ food poisoning can be addressed with proper fluid supplements like, electrolyte replacement fluid (gatorade in USA, or Glucon-D -in India) along with proper antibiotics if required.
****(B) LOW BLOOD PRESSURE - CAN put you to dizziness/loosing balance if the blood do not reach sufficiently to brain's center for balance due to some compression / obstruction in the blood vessel)
causes for low blood pressure
a) Hypothyrodism (low thyroid hormone, associated with fatigue, low energy and weight gain)
b) bradycardia (low heart rate)
c) heart failure (heart to weak to pump blood)
d) liver diseases
e) low sugar
f) Postural hypotension (position induced low blood pressure)

****(C) LABYRINTH APPARATUS PROBLEMS ( a organ present in ear which helps the sense of position)
cause of problems
a) Menier's Diseases , ( person feels dizzy, and associated with some hearing loss)
b) Viral labyrinthitis (person feels dizzy, or sensation of room moving around , vertigo)
c) Otolith (small stone in ear canal makes feed dizzy , but dizziness comes at certain position/movement only).
d) Problems with the vestibular nerve (hearing/balance nerve)

ADVICE:
1) If possible try to CONSULT PHYSICIAN / NEUROLOGIST (Brain doctor)
2) There are number of test that still needed to be done in order to come to conclusion which are as follow
a) May need CT-BRAIN with dye to check the blood supply channel.
b) blood test of thyroid hormone level check, lever enzyme profile, sugar level
c) physical test for orthostatic hypotension (position induced low blood pressure)
d) Audiometery to check any HEARING changes/problems
e) labyrinthine stimulus test to check the apparatus.

HOPE IT HELPS.

Dr. JAY PATEL

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Sunil Kumar Srivastava's  Response
Could be some stomach infection(gastritis), take Domperidone, pantaprazole and antibiotic, after consulting with a physician.Take light,liquid or semi-solid diet or as advised byphysicianhttp://www.healthcaremagic.com/web/images/community/post.png
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Dizziness is vague term - unsteadiness. If there is definite sense of rotation, it is vertigo.
If it is from getting up from bed, it may be from postural hypo-tension.. Did you check your BP?
It can be from anaemia – what is your haemoglobin? / Has an ECG been done?

The body's balancing mechanism is in the inner ear. An ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist is the one to see - especially in the presence of tinnitus. They have special tests to confirm or exclude the contribution of the ear - which probably is the case with you.
All these could be the result of Viral infection...If there are no clues, you may have to see a neurologist. In the mean time, medicines like betahistine or flunarazine alone or in combination may help

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
PAIN IN STOMACH,THROWING OUT,FEVER ARE ALL POINTERS TO SOME INITIAL STOMACH INFECTION.dIZZINESS,HEADACHE, MAY BE DUE TO WEAKNESS ITSELF, IF IT PERSISTS DESPITE NORMALALCY OF FEVER,STOMACH PAIN, AND RETURN TO NORMAL DIET, THEN MAYBE GO FOR FURTHER TESTS

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.