Stomach pain, nausea, cramps, strings attached to stools. History of stomach inflammation, gastritis. Cure?

Hi! For the past few days I have been experiencing stomach pain and at times I feel nauseaous and diarhea like cramps . (Sorry, it gets gross here) When I go to the bathroom my stool has what looks like 1 or 2 strings in it for the past 3 days or so. They are about 2 to 6 inches long. I inspected one more closely and it appeared to be gel like and twisted, intertwined with my feces and some small bits of feces were attached to it. I am worried because I have a history of bad stomach inflammation and gastritis for which I take omeprazole . It does not look like a worm . Kind of clear on closer inspection. What are these? Should I be concerned. My daughter vomited last night and my son had a small tummy virus about a week ago (few bouts of loose stool). Could this just be my stomach and bowels responding to a virus?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013