Stomach pain below ribs, pain if we put pressure, swollen, hard to breath or stand up. nauseous. Suggestion?

Ive recently have been having really bad stomach pains. The pain is right below where my ribs connect. It hurts most when i eat. And it hurts constantly when little amount of pressure is added. It seems swollen & when it hurts its hard to breathe or stand up straight. Ive also fealt naceous alot, random times of the day.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
If I were your treating doctor for this severe pain in the stomach, I would come up with these possibilities , these includes.
1 The first possibility is of acute gastritis ( because as you mention that this is a recent pain ) . Diagnosis can be confirmed by upper G I endoscopy , visualize erosion of gastric surface of stomach. Try raising the head of bed 4 inches above with blocks.
It might also help to avoid eating or drinking 2 hours before you lie down. To help control stomach acid one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them
Avoid fried food , spicy food. Take some antacid , but if symptoms are severe you may need proton pump inhibitor.
2 Next possibility may be pancreatic cause , serum amylase and lipase enzyme examination will find out any disease.
In my opinion consult a physician and get his opinion.
Good luck. Dr. HET