Stomach pain along with upper back pain. Feeling constant lump in throat. Symptoms continue after taking omeprazole

I am 53 years old. extremely active. developed a pain in top of stomach with the feeling of a constant lump in my throat . when pain in stomach is really bad I experience pain in upper back between sholder blades. I have also lost 5 lbs in the last 6 week. saw a doctor and he put me on omeprazole and said I should feel better in 2 weeks. it is now almost 4 weeks and I am still experiencing these symptoms. I have not had any tests to this point. what should be my next steps
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012