Stomach pain after eating, feeling full, hurts to move. What can this be?

2 days ago I felt sick then when I ate a small bite I felt full like I had to much to eat then it kinda hurt in the top part of my stomach in between my ribs later it wasnt so bad then the next day I felt sick like I was hungry I ate a small bit of food and then the same thing started and it was a little more pressure there just like I ate way to much and I had only a small bite. Then that evening I had dinner into one slice of pizza I started feeling really full but ate 3 slices then pain was went from light to the worse ever it feels like something is coming out of that area I cant catch my breath hardly i cant touch that area and it hurts to move around kinda felt hot also what can this be?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Jun 2013
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms can be caused by stomach issue like peptic ulcers, stomach inflammation, Helicobacter Pylori infection or by gallstones. Pancreas disease is also possible.
Stomach disease usually gives pain located in the upper middle abdomen. The pain appears 1-2 hours after a meal. Nausea, chest burning can be also present.
Gallstones give the pain in the upper right abdomen radiating to the back. The pain is usually triggered by fatty foods, spicy foods, alcohol. Nausea and vomiting can be present.
Pancreas disease gives symptoms similar to the gallstones, however the pain is very strong.

I suggest you to visit your doctor, have abdominal ultrasound, blood work, liver tests, amylase, urine amylase done. If all this tests will be negative, gastroscopy should be done.

In a meanwhile please avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, alcohol and coffee.

Hope this will help.
Regards.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.