Stomach cramps, vomiting, nausea after taking Amoxyclav for sinus infection. Reason?

I have been taking amoxy-clav for about 10 days so far. It was prescribed for a sinus infection . I have now developed waves of stomach cramps (they are not low in the abdomen but higher up). They are coming in waves. It started yesterday early morning, seemed to subside by yesterday evening but this morning around 5 am i woke up with them again and experienced a bout of vomiting and nausea . I have not vomited again but the waves of cramping are still continuing. Could this be related to the amoxy-clav, or is it more likely a stomach bug/virus?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013