Stomach bloating after eating.Any gastric problem?

Hi I have Stomach bloating, inflation .Also as soon as I finish my lunch the above said effects are even stronger. Once a fart has been released, I could feel a little better. otherwise I feel like my stomach is about to explode.This is been happening for last one week . Is it due to some infection or Gastric problem.Please advice.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thank you for your querry.
It sounds like stomach issue. All this is caused by high acid secretion which is found in gastritis, GERD or hiatus hernia. These disorders can cause such difficulties and you should do gastroscopy to evaluate this. Symptoms that are experienced in such conditions are pain and tightness in upper stomach, bloating, breathing difficulties, heartburn, feeling of lump and sore in throat, gurgling sound in throat, fatigue and loss of apetite.
Symptoms are aggravated after meal, long sitting, leaning forward,stress and anxiety. In the beginning this is treated by changing dietary habbits.
You should avoid alcohol,coffee,smoking,fats and fast food, carbonated drinks and eat more milk and milk products, fruit and vegetables,boiled food and natural beverages and teas. 1 hour after meal you should not sit or lay. Also lay with elevated upper body. If you are overweight you should do often exercise.WIsh you good health.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that your problem might be due to some gastric upset or hyper acidity.
Avoid fried, junk food or food containing more fat or carbohydrates.
Take antacid or some digesting medicines like Ocid, rantac or uni-enzyme.
Take plenty of water, curd, buttermilk.
Avoid heavy food or over eating.
Do not go for sleep for half an hour after taking food.
Ok and bye.