Stomach and abdominal Pains after eating steak.

I eat meat regularly, but rarely eat steak. The other day I had steak for dinner and later that night it felt like there was a knot in my stomach, then finally had a large bowel movement and felt like a million bucks. The next day I had the leftovers and later that night the cramping came back and has lasted 2 days so far. I keep feeling like I have to have another large bowel movement but am only able to get rid of a few pebble-sized feces. My wife who had the same dinner is fine. What can I do to alleviate this?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Apr 2011
  Anonymous's Response
try digestive enzymes for digesting red meat. Your body might not process or digest rich meats well. I have the same problem and if I eat a real good lean steak I get bad gas and have to "purge". sometimes the same night
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
You could be having food poisoning.You will require antibiotics.Its possible your wife didnt get it if her immune system is very healthy.