Stitches on tongue have come out, no bleeding, pus oozing. What should I do?

I am a 60 yr old male 5 10 205lbs. During a dental procedure, I moved my tongue and my dentist caught it with his drill. He put in dissolvable stitches (under my tongue, close to a vein . It has been 48 hrs and some stitches have come out. There is no bleeding, but there is some pus and I feel like I can see my vein through the open slit. what should I do?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012
Dentist 's  Response

Hi Sharocw,

this is unfortunate that your tongue got into the drill.

It is good that he sutured it immediately.

See normally we use non nylon MERSILK suture in such situation, which we remove in 6-7 days time period.

As 48 hrs has passed, the primary healing of the area is finished.
but, you had written that some pus is there, please dont ignore it as it is a danger area, infection from here can spread very fast to the neck region and take a shape of ludwig angina, which can be fatal.

I dont want to scare you but i want you should visit to your dentist immediately and take proper treatment for it.

Dr. Vishal Jain.