Stitches on lower lip, numbness, tingling, self dissolving stitches, pain on eating. Normal symptoms?

I had stitches put in my lower lip (inside) about 3 weeks due to a motorcycle accident I was in, ever since then I have noticed that my lower lip is numb and is somewhat tingling . The stitches were done by a plastic surgeon and they are self dissolving ones they have yet to dissolve it is still a little painful to eat and use my lip not real painful but I am more concerned with the fact that it feels numb and tingling, is this normal will it go away?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012