Stitches on forehead, internal stitch not dissolved yet. How long would it take to dissolve?

My daughter had to get 4 stitches in her forehead just above her right eyebrow about a month ago. 3 were external stitches and she had 1 internal stitch that was suppose to dissolve, but it still hasn't and sticks out of her forehead. When I take her in, will they just simply cut the stitch down to the surface of her skin or will they try to pull it out? And do you know why it didn't dissolve?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I would just leave it unless it hurts then needs to be cut out