Stinging and burning in anus post showering, applying soap. Should I shave or trim anal region?

I usually shower after making a poop. Sometimes I don t have the luxury of a shower afterwords. If I exercise (even just walking) after not showering my butt starts to get raw to the point of difficulty exercising/walking. When I am able to finally shower my butt stings/burns when I rinse, wipe, apply soap. The soap is the worst. Sometimes I cry out in pain it hurts so bad. Once clean I feel better but have pain for 2-3 days later (less severe pain). I have tried different wiping techniques, I am in pretty good shape and am a combination of Mesomorph and Endomorph body types. I eat a good diet high in fiber . What can I do? Should I shave or trim in my anus region? Thank you for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your problem description. I sincerely suggest that you should visit a surgeon for the proper diagnosis and treatment. From the feel of your discription, it is likely that you have anal fissures.

The dryness and stinging pain is caused by fissures. Your skin characteristic might be dry and that is why this is happened. Takeing bath after poop is good, but as you said circumstances won't let it happen always.

Heeping the anal area moist is another option. Oils like olive can give good result. Anyhow visit a surgeon for further expert advice.

Hope this clears your doubt. Available for further clarifications.
Wish speedy recovery.