Still birth, continuous bleeding that aggravates at night, advised Regesterone. How does this tablet work?

Hi Doctor, My wife gave a birth to a still female and is now one month 3 days passed.She started the bleeding on 2nd of this month and till now the same is not stopped. Some times it reduces and again aggrevates in night. My wife spoke to our gynic and she suggested to take Regestrone 5mg for 21 days. Is this ok? Why should she take this for so long? what happens on taking this tablet? I am not doubting a doctor to clarify my doubts as internet gave me a different information all together. Or should i take her to a doctor directly. pl advice Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  8 Awaiting Answer