Stiffness in wrists. Had unprotected sex. Heavy smoker, poor diet. What might it be?

I began to have a strange sensation in my right hand two weeks ago, this changed to pain in my wrist and a stiff feel. almost suddenly it spread to my other wrist and both ankles for two or three days. i did have unprotected sex about three months ago with a random girl. Im a heavy smoker and I have very poor diet . Im 29, 5 10 and 12 stone . any idea what it might be?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

You are suffering from polyarthralgia, the cause might be viral infection.

Right now adequate rest, good analgesic medications and avoiding strenuous activity will benefit you.

I would also like to give some advice to make the life better and to fight with these pains-

Do regular physiotherapy of joints.
Hot fomentation to decrease the joint stiffness
Take diet rich in Omega 3 fatty acid , complex carbohydrate, Vit-D &calcium,fruits and vegetables.

You need to consult an Orthopedician for proper investigations and further treatment.

Wishing you good health
Dr Saurabh Gupta