Stiff tongue, difficulty talking. Mucus in back of throat, breathlessness. Done CT scan and double bypass surgery. History of sinus infection

I m a 66 y/o male and lately I ve been having a stiff tongue which makes it very hard to articulate words. Also, I ve had so much junk and mucous in the back of my throat that at night I have to sleep upright in the chair otherwise I wake up choking and gasping for air. This started over the summer and has progressively gotten worse. I ve had a ct scan and they ruled out a stroke . I ve got a history of sinus infections/allergies, and have had a double bypass surgery back in 2002. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012