Sticky discharge from ears. Taking biaxin. History of mastioditis, cyst, perforate eardrum. Normal symptoms?

I have had green sticky discharge from my left ear for 3 weeks. I have taken a 7 day course of Biaxin the first week of the infection. 3 years ago I was diagnosed with mastioditis and a cyst behind a perforated eardrum . My hearing in the left ear was non existent. Since the discharge I ve been hearing sound in my left ear. My question is: is this discharge normal? I m seeing the doctor tomorrow but cannot see my ENT right now. Should I request a culture to be done on the discharge prior to receiving antibiotics? Do I need antibiotics? Or can allergy medicine/ decongestant help dry up the discharge? My sinuses are clear and I m not stuffy but this occurred when the ear discharge started.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012