Sternum discomfort, painful breathing. What is causing this?

I am a 26 year old female. I have been getting what feels like an air bubble trapped right under my sternum (I think). I have been experiencing this since I was little. But it doesn t happen very often until lately. I woke up this morning with one and the pain was so bad I couldn t hardly breathe. I couldn t sit, stand, walk or really move. This is the worst that the pain has ever been from these. It lasted about 30 minutes and then it finally passed and then it came back again about 30 minutes later (less painful) and lasted for about 10 minutes. I don t know what is causing this but it is very painful and uncomfortable. Please help.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012