Staph infection on knee. Taking antibiotics. Can I get a tattoo while having an infection?

hi i am currently training in thailand and have aquired a staph infection on my knee i have been on antibiotics for 3 days and will be at least for 3 more. I have another appointment at the hospital tmrw to see if I will be able to go back to training before I leave on wednesday. As well as continuing my train before i leave i wanted to recieve a traditional bamboo tattoo on my back. The artist are very clean and use steralized needles but Im thinking its is not a good idea to get a tattoo while i currently have an infection. But this is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity for an American in Thailand so if it is safe enough i would still like to proceed with the tattoo. My antibiotic cycle will be over wednesday right before i leave would I be able to get a tattoo on wednesday without risking spreading the infection? as i said the infection is on my knee and the tattoo will be on my back, any advise would be greatly appreciated thanks!
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Dentist 's  Response
Hello thanks for writing to us.
Please dont get tatto done.
Staph is a superficial infection. If you have infection at one site that means it is residing on your skin. Piercing the skin while tatto may cause the infection to spread deeper.
Once in blood staph can be very dangerous. It can even cause blockadge in vessels or even involve the heart. So i advice you not to go for tatto . Thank you