Staph infection, aortic aneurysm repair, altered mental status, effect on brain

My husband is in the hospital with a staph infection in the area of an aortic aneurysm repair that was performed in 2008. He is being treated with antibiotics and surgery is in the future to remove the aortic graft and do a new graft when the infection is more under control. He is showing signs of an altered mental status over the last 3-4 days. The CT done so far is normal. Doctors have said the staph infection is in his bloodstream. My question is: can the staph infect his brain and, if so, would that show on a CT scan? thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012