Sprained left foot, ankle, painful. Toes, side of foot black, numb. Lump on foot. Solution?

I have what an ER Nurse Practitioner called a a sprained left foot and ankle. Got x-rays though the tech said she couldn t get a clear one because my foot was trembleing too much. I am still in pain weeks later and it seems to be getting worse. I can t walk on it and any pressure makes me scream automatically. My toes are black and numb and the side of my foot is as well. I also have something hard and very painful in the form of a lump on the top midwest part of my foot. Please help!
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Thanks for your query
My advice for you would be 1.-get a fresh x ray done to confirm/rule out the fracture. 2. Even if there is no fracture, giving a walking cast (plaster of paris /fibercast) for few weeks helps in reducing pain. Just discuss with your doctor.
Meanwhile, take rest with compression bandage, limb elevation and take medicine like trypsin/chymotypsin to reduce swelling along with ibuprofen.
Take care and wish you good health