Sprained ankle previously. Still having pain, swelling around ankle. Numbness in ankle skin. Cause?

I had a sprained ankle almost exactly a year ago. The swelling lasted a good eight weeks at least (while the area around the ankle bone still looks a tad bit swollen on most day - only a tad) While it hasn t been very painful recently (or I have just learned to deal with it), it is still feeling unstable when sitting on floor and legs extended in front of me and heels are on the floor with toes pointed at ceiling. When I move my right foort left and right it feels like something from the ankle bone back to the achilles tendon is going to pop or move out of socket. For the past 5 days, I have been getting a warm sensation in or around the same anklebone that was injured in the sprain. It comes on several times a day lasting from 10-30 seconds. No pain, just a warm sensation inside the ankle on the outside. Just find it odd a yer later. I also have had (for years) numb skin on that ankle bone and I cannot feel it when I scratch it with my fingernail, almost like a callus . But this was present several years before the ankle injury. I have no redness around the ankle and the skin is cool to the touch. Any ideas on what may be causing this or if i should be concerned?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013