Sprained ankle. Fluid build up around the ankle and bottom of the leg. Leg becomes cold and reddish when walking without crutches

Sprained left ankle 3 weeks ago and though most of the swelling is gone, I still get a fluid build up around ankle and bottom of leg when trying to walk without crutches and my leg stays cold and reddish all the way up to my knee .... Is this normal? I take brace off when resting and have even tried walking without it to make sure it wasn t cutting off circulation. I get the same effect either way.
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012