Spots on back of tongue, sore throat. Taken penicillin. What are they?

Hi For the past three weeks I ve had nasty spots on the back of my tongue and a painful sore throat. I ve seen my GP who said it is a bacterial infection and gave me a course of Penicillin . However I ve taken the course and still no better. My 2 year old also had spots on his tongue as well. What are they, the GP said its inflammed tastebuds in his case. I m so fed up of feeling tired and just want to get rid of them. Regards Louise Jenkinson
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013