Spots inside the cheeks and red spots at the back of mouth. Viral infection. What could it be?

Hello. Recently, I suffered what my GP diagnosed as a viral infection, however the roof of my mouth is a mixture of white and purple, and has not changed. This cannot be scraped off, by the way. I also have two spots, one on either side, inside my cheeks of my mouth. Each is pale white, with a red centre. I also have small red spots at the back of my mouth. I was wondering as to what this could possibly be? Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013
Dentist 's  Response
Thanks for sharing your query with us.
As per your disrception the white and purple lesion on roof of mouth can be of ulcers. If it is caused by viral infection it will subsided along with the viral infection treatment.

If it is not a viral origin,it can occur because of side effect of antibiotics or other medication you are taking so I would advice to complete with your medications dose and then again observe.

If it would not heal then you can use mouthwash 2-3 times a day to keep your mouth clean.Take vitamin B capsules ( like Becasule) and apply topical anesthetic gel like lidocaine directly to the lesion if it is painful.

Another spots you mentions on your cheeks bilaterally can be normal opening of salivary gland which is present opposite to molar tooth in every individual and is normal. sometimes they can be seen in fever. but if it is painful then it could be ulcer.

Red spots at the back of mouth can be normal if it is not painful and not sore or non bleeding.

I hope information provided is helpful to you.
kindly give us feedback.
Take Care.
Thank you!