Spiral fracture of the ring finger, recasted. Pain, discomfort when hit. How much physiotherapy do I need?

Hi during football practice i fell on my hand and got a sprial fracture on the medicarpel of my ring finger . When they recasted my hand the knuckles from my middle finger to my pinky finger on the hand were all bruised. I have some pain and discomfort with my hand at times when im laying down, and when i hit my cast on something. How much physical therapy am i going to have to go through and would i be ready for baseball season?
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Hi there,

FIRSTLY, THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT : it is simply a partial fracture with both fragments united. It should heal completely within a maximum of 3 weeks.

Once fully healed, as confirmed by check x-ray, physical therapy of 10-15 days will suffice. In the meanwhile, there is NO restriction on physical exercises of the rest of the body, to keep the muscles fully toned.

In a nutshell, you will be fit for baseball within a maximum of 4 weeks.

In case of any further queries, revert back to me THROUGH DIRECT PREMIUM QUERY (Paid), addressed to me personally. You will receive- almost immediately- my response in great details.

If you find my response helpful and informative, do not forget an “excellent” (5-star rating) to my answer, to ENCOURAGE all doctors- engaged in social service- to render sound advice to the FREE queries.

Fond regards and have a nice day

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal