Spinal fusion of 5 vertebrae, did MRI, sac of fluid near instrumentation, on pain medication, muscle relaxers, steroids, cannot walk

I had a spinal fusion of 5 vertebrae last September. I was an am still in debilitating pain. I had an MRI in February which indicated a 3 inch sac of fluid lying near the instrumentation. It is NOT shrinking and the doctors just keep putting me on pain medication, muscle relaxers and nasty steroid shots in my back. My surgeon tells me to get out and walk, but I CAN T. The pain shoots down both hips all the way to the bottom of my feet. Should I get another opinion or is this something that will shrink in time. It s been 8 months since the surgery and I am in 100% more pain than I was before I went to get the surgery. Any advice would be appreciated. I WAS a K-3 music teacher and have been forced to long term disability! Can t hardly do The Hokey Pokey with my kindergarten kids! I am 59 years old with arthritis and still have some discs that are buldging and deteriorating! Wish I d never done this!
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012