Sound in stomach, gaseous. Exrecising, increased water intake, drinking olive oil. Problem persists. Solution?

Hi, I am 26 years of age and since last few months, I can observe some loud sound from my stomach . Apart from this, there is a lot of gas the compete day. I used to work in rotational shifts before, but now, since last 1 month , I have been doing morning shifts only. As a precautionary measure, I have started exercising regularly. I am taking 2 tea spoon full of olive oil daily in the morning and have also increased my water intake. Although , it has reduced but still the problem persists. How can i get rid of this?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

In my opinion your problem could be simply related to your irregular eating habits or there could be an underlying condition that could be causing this.

You should consult your doctor, who after a thorough evaluation will treat you for your problem, and also advise you with a suitable diet and good eating habits.

In the meantime, the use of antacids, proton pump inhibitors, and/or H2 blockers; under the supervision of your doctor might help in relieving you of your current presentation. Continue with plenty of water, and exercise.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist Dr. Ambika Murali Krishnan's  Response
The abdominal discomfort may be due to stress, sudden change in your sleeping habit and in your diet.
1.take pudin leaves juices added with jeera daily this will be very helpful for your complaint.
2.early morning drink green tea with out adding milk and sugar. Instead sugar add honey or jaggery.
3.take fenugreek seeds 1teaspoon at night in a plain water.
4.avoid gas producing foods like cabbage, peas, broccoli.
Do asanas like pavanamuktasana, padhastasana, pachimotanasana, ardha chakrasana daily which will completely clear your symptoms.
Hope this answers your query.
Take care wish you speedy recovery.