Soreness, stiffness on the finger, difficulty in bending. What could this be?

for the past week or so I ve been waking up with a very sore finger on my left hand , next to my thumb . I m unable to bend it for a while, it s very stiff. i have to forcibly bend it using my other hand and it s sore. After this it doesn t feel too bad. A couple of my other fingers have been stiff but i ve been able to bend them. what could this be? Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think it can be trigger finger. I would suggest you to show it to a expert and according to that we can plan further management.