Soreness on sides of nasal septum. Stud piercing done, small white bumps. Steps for healing?

I ve been experiencing soreness on the sides of my nasal septum . The pain is more significant on the left side but I do feel tenderness on the right side as well. I have no history of drug use and I have a small stud piercing on the left side of my nose . I do work in a dry environment, but I ve been there for over a year and a half and this issue just occurred a month ago. I had my mother (a RN) look and my nose and she said it looked raw and like there was small white bumps. Any idea what this could be? And the steps I should take to heal this?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013