Soreness in tongue, white raised nodules, cracks. Wearing a mouthguard. Tried peroxide mouthwash and benzocaine. Results indicate?

My tongue has been sore for over a week. It is streaked with red and has many white raised nodules which are usually flat and pink. There is almost like a crack in the middle. It feels like I burned it and the feeling never goes away. I do wear a small mouth guard at night that my dentist switched to one on my bottom teeth since it looks like I have been rubbing it on the mouth guard. I have tried peroxide mouthwash, benzocaine applications with not much in the way of results. My dentist also told me to take 1000mg extra of Vitamin C.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013