Soreness above right ankle, fluid build up. Taking ibuprofen for pain. Permanent cure?

my lady friend is having soreness just above her right ankle for aobut 3 inches. this area shows a small amount of fluid build up just under thE PROBLEM HERE? e skin.(about 3inches long and 1 AND 1/2 INCHES WIDE. IT HAS BEEN BOTHERING HER FOR ABOUT 5 DAYS. SHE IS 61 YRS. OLD AND 5 6 TALL AND ABOUT 110 LBS. SHE HAS TO BE ON THE LEG WORKINGIN A FURNITURE STORE ABOUT 65% OF THE DAY. SHE IS TAKING 2 IBUPROPHEN A DAY. WHAT SEEMS TO BE TH E PROBLEM HERE?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013

She might be having cellulitis leg .
In cellulitis infection is superficial to start but if not treated properly may lead to infection deep upto bone .
You need to do investigation like routine blood test ,x ray leg .
Another possibility of hematoma collection due to micro trauma.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.