Sore tongue. Burns, hurts to eat. solution to get rid of the pain?

I have a very sore tounge, it is on the right hand side on the edge a little under and a little on top, it stings and is like a burning feeling, i see little red dots when i look in my magnifying mirror, hurts to eat cant touch it, probably because of the salt on my skin, i have never had such pain on my tounge, i rinced with salt water, not to bad, but now im rinceing with water and baking soda and that makes it sting also, not sure how to get relief, went to a medi clinic and they dont know, are going to send me to a specialist but i may have a 1 month to 6 month wait, untill thn how do i get rid of the pain?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013