Sore throat with round spot at the back of the throat. Ring formation surrounding it. How long will it take to heal?

Hi, about 10 days ago I noticed a white round spot at the back of my throat . Throat was very sore in that area. went to the doc: he diagnosed it as a viral ulcer . Prescribed gurgling and some paracetamol . Since then the pain has gone away. The white round ulcer seems to be collapsing in on itself: but there is a distinct ring serrounding it and it is still somewhat white. My question is: how long before the whiteness goes away and it heals completely?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013