Sore throat, swollen glands, white spots, heaviness in chest, strep throat ?

Ive had a sore throat for two days and it was so bad today that I thought id check in the mirror and found many white spots. My glands are very swollen, head pounding. Nowy chest and upper back are hurting/feeling heavy. I m hoping it will be safe to wait until tomorrow to go to the doctor? I ve just been reading that strep can lead to rheumatic fever and I didn t know if the chest pain was a symptom of that? Thank you for your time and concern!
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012