Sore throat, swollen glands hurts to swallow, breathe, pain in the right side of the head. Reason?

Hello. My name is Kristi, I am 29. I have had a sore throat for the last 7 weeks, I thought it would go away on its own but it hasn t and the last week it has got extremely worse. Its mainly on the right side and my glands are so swollen and painful I can actually feel them under my tongue . Now my ear has been hurting on the right side too for about the last week and today I went to lay my head down on my arm my arm happened to touch my temple area on the right side of my head and I had this sharp pain shoot all the way through the right side of my head and still have a head ache from that on top of everything else, then I get home from work and take a look in the mirror and notice a very bright red line all the way accross the bottom of my throat neck area only on the right side. I am waiting for my car to finish getting repaired so I can go to the doctor but this is just getting out of control and also all day long I been hearing a dripping noise or small popping noise in my right ear. I am in sooooo much pain it hurts even to breath, to swallow or to turn my head to fast, the pain is incredible like nothing I have ever felt before. I am so confused, I have had no fever, only other symptom is major fatigue but I think that is because I havent been sleeping well cuz the pain wakes me even after taking 2 advil pms , nothing is touching this pain, anything cold burns like fire when it hits the bottom of my throat and ccloraseptic burns as soon as it hits my throat. Im usually so healthy, haven t been ill since I was about 14 so I thought this would just go away but... its not... what could it be?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
Hi, Kristi,
Thanks for query,
It seems that you might be having Acute upper respiratory tract infection giving all these problems.
You may require an antibiotic course to cure this infection.
Consult your doctor and get examined.
Take some anti inflammatory and decongestant medicine.
Do warm salt water or Listerine gargles.
Avoid fried and junk food.
Ok and bye.