Sore throat, swollen glands and vomiting. Difficulty in drinking and eating. What could be the reason?

I ve been poorly for 4 days it started with my left gland under my jaw line being swollen and having a really sore throat unable to eat, drink, sleep or talk properly. I thought it would go away over the weekend but it just seems to have got worse with pain and also raised lumps at the back of my throat and on the roof of my mouth and lips have become quite sore asif being cut and vomitting for the past two days but also my cheekbones seem to have become sore under the skin. I ve tried eating little but ofter, like today, I had tried toast it was like eating sandpaper and was unable to swallow it as I was choking myself trying to. My tongue and throat are so sore even water seems to be like sandpaper it stings with the tiniest bit and I m unable to swallow that.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012