Sore throat, pain when swallowed, lump in upper mouth. What could this be or caused by?

my throat on the left side was sore off and on a few weeks ago ,.. but only felt bad when i swallowed ...but not always...today i noticed the pain there again...and hard to swallow..but this time I noticed a small hard lump in my upper roof of mouth...painful when i swallow or touch with tongue...what could this be or caused by?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Hello ..
Thanks for using Health Care Magic ..

There is nothing to worried as its just because of infection .
If it is closer to the front teeth it could be your incisive papilla, which is a normal and is not much to be worried. If it is up higher it may be a blocked duct or a bony tori (normal bony growth that some people have and others don't).
You are likely to suffer from chronic tonsilitis which is an inflammatory reaction in tonsil which causes soreness and painful swallowing .
I suggest you Azithomycin for 5days and Hot water for drinking will ease pain and will show better improvement in tonsilitis.
Rinse mouth / Gargle with Chlorhexidine which will kill bacteria that causing infections .

I suggest you to consult an ENT Specialist and get treated as early as possible .
I wish you to have a good recovery and have a healthy life .
Thanks & Take Care .