Sore throat, cough, headaches, chills, fever. Symptoms of viral fever?

I have a sore throat (hurts to swallow ), cough , headache , and last night I had the chills and a fever . I had to miss work. Is this just a virus? I was sick more than a week ago with a stomach virus and missed work then. ( I work at an elementary school and kids are always getting sick) I was just at the doctor last Thurs. and she said I was fine to go back to work. Then on Mon. I had a slight sore throat, and Tues. it got worse and by Tues night the chills and fever started.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013