Sore throat, cough, fever. Strep test negative. History of asthama. Delsum taken, symbicort prescribed. Advise?

my 10 year old daughter starting complaining of a sore throat about a week ago while on vacation skiing in colorado. she then developed a cough and by the time we flew home on saturday she was miserable. When i was able to check her temp it was 101.5 saturday night. she stayed in bed all day sunday then I took her to the doctor monday morning and she tested negative for strep (but her 7 year old brother tested positive for strep and swimmers ear). She has basically spent the last 4 days in bed, but wakes up with no fever. then in the afternoon she'll usually have a temp of 99.5 and then its been around 101.5 every night for the past 5 nights... one of her friends tested positive for mono a couple of months ago. we are supposed to go skiing with friends this weekend (starting tomorrow). if she has a temp of 101.5 at night is she considered contagious? shall i have her tested for mono? she has a history of asthma so doc prescribed symbicort on monday which she has been doing twice daily. We've tried delsum 12 hour cough and another children's DM cough syrup but nothing seems to help the incessant cough. thanks!
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013