Sore throat, cold like symptoms. Could it be due to drinking mountain dew?

Hi, I have had cold-like symptoms the past 8 days including a sore throat that occurs on and off. I was trying to figure out why my sore throat would go away and come back and it seemed to be related to drinking Mountain Dew. Is there a reason Mtn Dew would make my throat hurt? i m used to drinking 2-3 cans of Mtn. Dew per day and have never had any problems. I m 21 years old, 120 pounds, no know allergies/medical problems. Thanks! Chelsea
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013