Sore throat. Tonsils removed, lump near the same place. Treatment ?

I had my tonsils removed when i was 16 years old. I have recently been having sore throats and noticed that there is a lump where my tonsils used to be. I remember my tonsils having a duct, the same type of thing is at the back of my throat on the right side. I am not sure if it is my tonsil and don t really want to waste too much money going to the doctor if it isn t serious. If it is a tonsil would I have to go through surgery again/any other treatment?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012