Sore spot on the calf, have dent on the area a day later, hurts on applying pressures, no instance of injury. What could it be?

last night i noticed a sore spot on my calf ...lower calf, as if my sock was too tight, but it really wasn t, there was no bruise felt like it was inside my was there yet today...i felt it pressed on it...just now when i looked at the area it is dented...around 2 inches long...this is scaring me immensely It does not hurt to walk on only hurt when pressure still feels bruised, but there is no bruise and i have no recollection of banging it.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012