Sore leg after being hit. Why is the chest muscle paining? Related?

Two weeks ago yesterday, i was jumping a horse and we both hit the dirt going over a fence (he forgot a leg and got caught up in the fence) and i was sore the next day but after a few days, i was fine. A week after the fall, I woke up with sevre pain in a muscle on the right side of my chest running under my breast ( I landed on my right side from the fall) and a week later, the muscle is still sore. Sometimes it is enough to take my breath away depending on how I move or stretch . The ribs themselves feel fine, I can take deep breaths and when I push on the area, the ribs don t hurt, just the muscle. I have had a broken rib before and this pain is nothing like that. I m just wondering if this is a bruised/strained muscle or something else. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
HI
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern from the given history here I could say that the possibility of soft tissue injury and ligament injury may be there if the pain persistence then this need to be examine by x-ray study, otherwise nothing to worry about this anti-inflammatory drug alone would give best result, take care and have a nice day.