Sore hands, played video games, pain in hands/wrists/fingers.Please help

For a month now my hands have been quite sore. I think it stems from the fact that I played too much videos games before they started hurting, but i havent played anything in a month and they still hurt. The pain changing positions but it always somewhere on my hands/wrists/fingers, and sometimes the pain shoots up my arm but never past my elbow . I ve tried to do some research it seems many recommendations include freezing the areas and rest, while that has helped a little bit it still hurts constantly througout the day even when not in use. Please help me it s basically rendered me unable to plays sports, lift, or carry anything!
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012