Soft painful lump next to shin, swelling in entire calf, shin. Is this dangerous?

I have a soft painful lump next to my shin. 2 weeks ago I collided with another person which immediately swelled nearly my entire shin and calf . Now it s reduced to an approximately golf ball sized mushy lump that is very painful to touch. Is this dangerous? I am icing it as much as possible and keeping it elevated.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012

It's not very dangerous. This is likely to be a liquefied hematoma.But since it is painful I think you should consider seeing your doctor.Sometime such hematomas can get infected.