Soft fluid- filled bumps on scalp, are tender to touch and raised, not cancerous. Is it advisable to remove them?

My mom has started getting a couple of very soft bumps on her scalp . They are tender to the touch. They feel like they have fluid in them and they started out smaller, they are now about the size of a quarter in roundness, but only about a couple of centimeters in thickness. The doctor says it is not cancerous, but I am wondering if it is risky to have them removed. She would only have them removed because they are painful to her.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012