Smoker in adult life. X-ray result says ill defined density. Lung disease?

My mum s ( 65yrs. stopped smoking 1 month ago.smoked little but all her adult life) chest Xray result said : ill defined density mid rigt lobe lungs suspiscious for non benign etiology . She was referred to CT afte xray, we are waiting for CT results. Does ill defined density suggest nodule or mass or could it also be related to some other lungs disease? Also her blood result in last 2 months showed lowered neutrophils ( 1,23) Thank you Kristina Many thanks for answers. Now this is what we received after CT: the chest x-ray showed density in the right mid lobe anterior aspect, surrounded by inflammatory changes, overall features suggesting focal area of chronic inflammatory changes. Findings; no focal mass identified. no features of malignancy at this stage. all organs are normal. no enlarged mediastinal or hilar lymphnodes. no suspicious lesion identified. The focal are in the middle lobe anteriority has non - benign features, however if this density is still persistent in follow up x-ray, roceed with CT in 3-6 months. it all sounds good to me, except that'focal area has non benign features'. does it suggest it may becomes cancerous? and for that reason to monitor it?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013