Smoker, get sudden onset of throbbing in anus, occasionally have anal sex. Cause?

Every once in a while i wake up in the middle of the night with a throbbing or pulsating sensation in my anus . its a very uncomfortable feeling. usually last anywhere from 5 to 10 mins then subsides! I m a 30 year old women in good heath with exception of being a smoker. I am married and have on occasion have had anal sex. Although I have never had this sensation during or after so I don t think that anal sex is a contributing factor. Just not sure what this sensation is and weather or not I should see a doctor about it. Thanx Michelle
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013