Smelly and stained (brownish) sheets, ear wax removed, no hearing problem. What could it be?

My son is 16 years old. His only medical problems are acne , asthma , and eczema . He sees a dermatologist for his acne and is on Clindamycin and Differin. He has been on those medications for probably about a year. Over the last few months, I ve noticed a brownish stain on his pillow cases when I wash the bed sheets. When I remove the cases, it is soaked through to the pillows. Today I noticed a smell from his room and the drainage is through the sheets and onto the matress pad. I just washed his sheets/pillow cases 2 days ago. He had blocked ear wax about 6 months ago or so and his ears were flushed by his MD; he has had no hearing problems since then. What could this be from?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013